Full time, Draw plus commission, Company paid vehicle, full benefits package.
Outside Sales responsibility managing an existing territory with a diverse customer base, teamed with a specific inside customer service team.
Technical Sales Representative would be responsible for maintaining existing customer relationships and sales in the North East Ohio Area.
Primary goals: Provide quality/technical service to existing customers, develop new business relationships, and consistently grow sales
throughout the territory.
- Manage the sales process and control product offering.
- Make direct contact with customers; maintain existing territory and expand accordingly.
- Develop new customer accounts.
- Train customers regarding new product applications.
- Develop positive supplier relationships; wisely utilize supplier resources to assist in territory growth.
- Keep Branch Manager informed on all activities (i.e. new products, new program prototypes, etc.) and competitive activity.
- Present positive self-image and make good business decisions.
- Provide timely reports summarizing business activities on a weekly basis.
- Develop new product/market plans with management.
- Provide annual budgets for expected sales, profit and expenses.
- Maintain consistent level of professionalism associated with the position.
- Entry level with Mechanical Engineering degree/background or formal technical sales training with experience in solution selling for a minimum of 5 years.
- Analytical skills sufficient to develop solutions to customer problems, some of which may be innovative, and to negotiate mutually satisfactory business deals.
- Communication skills sufficient to persuade others; communication with customers requires tact and the ability to establish trusting relationships.
- Capable of Applying high mechanical aptitude and problem solving ability to create solutions utilizing our seals, gaskets, packings and other related products.
- Critical attention to Dept. of Defense and ITAR (International Trade Arms Regulations) guidelines in security sensitive applications.